WhatsApp Web is the browser-based PC client of the WhatsApp Messenger App. You can send and receive WhatsApp messages online on your Desktop Pc or Laptop. This opens the same account which you are using on your smartphone through this you only access that account on two devices.
WhatsApp Web has the same features as the WhatsApp Messenger App on your mobile phone and you can instantly send and receive messages. All the messages of your WhatsApp Messenger account are synced across and you can see all of the messages on both of the devices. Any message that you send via WhatsApp Web will also be available on WhatsApp on your mobile phone. You can also download files that you have shared with someone on your Pc or Laptop. It is available for both Android and iOS Smartphones.
How to use WhatsApp Web on PC/Laptop?
WhatsApp Web is very easy to use, but for some people who have no idea about how it works may not know about it. You can follow this quick guide to learn how to use Web WhatsApp on PC/Laptop. Keep in mind that your mobile phone needs to be actively connected to the internet for it to work properly.
- Open WhatsApp on your mobile device.
- Tap on the Settings Icon [Three Dots on the Top Right] and open WhatsApp Web/Desktop.
- Now, open web.whatsapp.com on a web browser on your PC/Laptop.
- Scan the on-screen QR Code using the WhatsApp Scanner [which opens after step 2] from your mobile phone.
- As you scan the QR Code, your WhatsApp account will be now accessible through your PC.
- All the messages will be synced across and anything that you do one device will be applicable to both.
How to logout from WhatsApp Web?
Once you are done using WhatsApp Web, you may want to logout from WhatsApp Web because it is not safe to have your WhatsApp Account opened on the PC when you are not using it. You can follow these steps to learn how to logout from WhatsApp Web.
- Open WhatsApp Messenger on your smartphone.
- Tap on the Settings Icon (Three Dots on the Top Right of the Screen)
- Tap on WhatsApp Web/Desktop.
- It will show all the active sessions there. Scroll and tap on Log out from all devices.
- Confirm by tapping on Log Out.
- You have now logged out from all the active sessions.
Alternatively, you can directly logout from WhatsApp Web simply clicking on the Menu icon (3 dots at the upper-left side of the screen) > Log out.
Best WhatsApp Web Tips and Tricks
These are some tricks for WhatsApp Web that would help to work with WhatsApp Web more efficiently.
1) Learn WhatsApp Web’s Keyboard Shortcuts
Due to the availability of WhatsApp on the computer through WhatsApp Web, we can make use of some shortcut key bindings to take full advantage of our keyboard.
- Ctrl + Backspace: Delete chat
- Ctrl + Shift + U: Mark as unread
- Ctrl + Shift + N: Create new group
- Ctrl + P: Open profile status
- Ctrl + N: Start new chat
- Ctrl + Shift + ]: Next chat
- Ctrl + Shift + [: Previous chat
- Ctrl + E: Archive chat
- Ctrl + Shift + M: Mute chat
2) Type and Search Emojis With a Keyboard
This would help you to find the emoji of your choice by just typing it in the chat. To do this you have to type a colon followed by the text related to the emoticon.
In the above image (:th) shows all emoji related to th. for example thumb emoji.
3) Use Multiple WhatsApp Accounts on the Same PC
Many people have two different phones for WhatsApp, or you can use a dual SIM phone with multiple WhatsApp profiles. You can not just start opening two Chrome tabs and sign in separately if you want to run two WhatsApp Web accounts on your computer.
It’s best to open an Incognito window or separate window for WhatsApp web to use multiple accounts. So if you have a Chrome account, launch a new Incognito Mode window or start a second tab and go to WhatsApp Web (Following the same steps). Using the other profile to read the QR code to log in as you usually would.
Using the WhatsApp Web for an hour in Incognito Mode would log out automatically.
4) Enable Dark Mode for WhatsApp Web
Dark Mode is a secret WhatsApp Web feature, not yet released for the public by the company. Online articles about modifying the code in a browser tab to allow Dark Mode can be found, which is not too complicated, but it may seem terrible to others.
But downloading the Dark WhatsApp Web extension is the fastest way. It’s a clean WhatsApp Web shortcut to exactly execute what the code changes made, but without the hassle. In the WhatsApp Internet, you can trigger and disable Dark Mode with a single button.
Download: Dark WhatsApp Web For Chrome
WhatsApp web can be used in a similar way on all Apple Devices.
All these tricks require you to use the WhatsApp web on a computer and ideally through Google Chrome Web Browser.